Julia Kuzmenko is one of America's best beauty photographers and retouchers. Her work has been seen millions of times, she's been featured in websites and international printed magazines countless times. While most will believe her work is as phenomenal as it is due to her retouching, (which _IS_ amazing), the fact is, she's an absolutely brilliant photographer and master of light! Thus, the announcement of this video tutorial!
The video has 3 segments, (about an hour each), and an ebook, (Read that first!), thats jam packed with information covering everything from beginner subjects like lens selection and strobes to Intermediate and Advanced topics covering workflow and technique!
The thing i like about this tutorial is its focused on the artistic and technical aspects of the photoshoot on set, helping you get everything as right as possible in camera. This will make you AND your client happy beyond belief, and save your retoucher a lot of headaches! So be advised, this video will NOT cover retouching/post production efforts.
As Julia says "Our goal is to teach you to confidently set up beautiful studio lighting and produce amazing images, as well as to lead your creative team and manage the creative process from inception to completion including selecting the right talent, working with models, make up artists and stylists for both commercial assignments and personal projects."
Check it out now for the sale price of $169!!
CHAPTER I: INTRO & PREPARATION
- About the Authors & This Training
- Your Career & Ultimate Artistic Goals
Your Knowledge & Vision
- The Basics Every Photographer Must Know
- Developing Your Vision, Taste and Aesthetics
- How to “Read” Lighting
Cameras, Lenses & Lighting equipment
- Choosing the Right Cameras & Lenses For Your Work
- Choosing the Right For Specific Projects
- Camera Sensors: Full Frame & Crop Factor
- Crop Factor & Focal Length Multiplier
- Studio & Backdrop Choice
- Lighting Equipment
- Common Monolight Controls & Triggers
- Light Modifiers
Preparation is King
- Idea, Concept of a Shoot & Choosing the “Right” Team
- Helpful Documents For Your Work
CHAPTER II: FLAWLESS EXECUTION
- Shooting Tethered
- Standard Camera Settings
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Shooting
- Day-of Briefing & Backup
- Working With Your Model
CHAPTER III: LIGHTING SETUPS
- Establishing Our Starting Point: Why & How
- Classic Portrait Setup: Various Types of Lights, Light Modifiers, etc.
- Celebrity Portrait: And More Ways to Fill in the Shadows
- Movie Style Setup: Cinematic Lighting: Adding Drama; Working with Smoke
- Hazy Colors Setup: Colorful Theme; Working with Color Gels and Smoke
- Jewelry Ad Setup: Another Colorful Setup; More on Working With Color Gels
- Clean Beauty: Other Ways of Creating Rim and Fill Light; White Background
- Full-Body: A Few Notes on Proper Full-Body Lighting
- Doubled Colored Shadows: Even More Ways to Use Color Gels
- Creative Mixed Lighting:
- Mixed Lighting: Fundamentals
- Mixed Lighting: Reflective Fabrics
- Mixed Lighting for Beauty
YOUR ASSIGNMENT LIST
Practice not until you can get it right, but until you can’t get it wrong.
- Call Sheet / Template
- Estimate for a commercial project / Template
- Model Release / Template
- Agency Test Package Request / Sample Letter to a Modeling Agency
- Client Project Questionnaire / Template